So let me answer all these questions one by one.
- Do adult colouring books relieve stress?
- Yes, they do relieve stress in a way that the intricate designs involve us so deeply that we forget about the problems we are facing. When we devotedly fill up the abstract patterns, it helps us to get past a bad days’ flashbacks.
- Are adult colouring books effective?
- This depends from person to person. Adult colouring books are usually very effective on those people who enjoy colouring. If you are not an art loving person then you may actually get tired of colouring the extensive designs.
- Is adult colouring the cheapest form of therapy?
- This is the biggest misunderstanding. Adult colouring books are not any form of therapy. Nopes, not even art therapy. Why? Basically a therapy requires a professional therapist who has spent years learning the techniques of a particular therapy and who knows how to provide instructions to the person who is receiving the therapy.
- Should everyone own an adult colouring book?
- This takes us back to the second question. If colouring works for you as a stress reliever then sure, go ahead, buy a few.
- Do I enjoy adult colouring books?
- Since I enjoy colouring, I love adult colouring books. I own two at the moment and have printed a few from online websites and I wouldn’t mind collecting more art therapy books. It just helps me feel good after a tough day.
Do you enjoy colouring? Have you used any adult colouring book? Share your experience with me in the comments section below.